Being the captain of a spaceship can be hard, especially when there’s a price on your head. Bounty hunters, space pirates, and even the Galactic Union are trying to hunt you down. All that stands between you and oblivion is your wits, your crew, and your trusty ship.
The Galactic Junkers is a comedic action-adventure space combat game that puts you in the role of a space captain on the run. Your ship might be falling apart and your crew isn’t the best but with a little luck you can keep everything ship-shape. Upgrade your ship, hire new crew, steal supplies and equipment, and keep searching for the truth of why everyone wants you dead.
In the far future the Great Cataclysm saw Earth destroyed, seeing humanity spread throughout the Solar System. To survive we’ve become nomads, eking out a living on space stations that are falling apart and barely habitable asteroids. Humanity has lost hope but a few brave space captains are out there, trying to find a new future for us. You’re one of them, building a life full of adventure for you and your crew, with a full load of Space Munch, a moody computer and a barely functioning ship, what could possibly go wrong?
The Kickstarter campaign, looking to raise $19,727, marks an important step in the journey of bringing The Galactic Junkersinto the hands of gaming fans. The funding from this campaign will go towards the additional development tools and resources needed to bring the project to completion on PC and the addition of console platforms. Kickstarter is also a fantastic way of building a community around the game to gather feedback to help shape the future of the game during these crucial development stages.
“We’ve made a lot of Naval Combat games in the past but this one was something very close to our hearts”. Commented James Carroll, Director at Evil Twin Artworks. “When we were young we’d play with our Star Wars figures, watch Blake’s 7 and Doctor Who on TV, and read Marvel, DC and 2000AD comics relentlessly, all that has formed into the crazy 80s sci fi mash up that is Galactic Junkers . It was amazing to be able to bring a world of our own creation to life.”
- Explore – Take a journey across the solar system exploring all nine planets and their neighbor sectors. Discover mysterious asteroids, creaking space stations, abandoned shipwrecks, deadly pirates and much more.
- Mine, Salvage, Steal, and Trade – Running a spaceship is never easy and there’s always bills to pay. Keep your bank balance looking healthy by mining steroids, salvaging derelicts, and trading with disreputable characters. Maybe you’ll even partake in a little theft, but don’t worry – we don’t tell anyone.
- Battle and Board Enemy Ships – Space is a deadly place so you’ll have to fight for your life. Set your crew to operate the guns and show those pesky pirates what you are made of! Board enemy ships to smash and grab essential resources or hack systems from the shadows.
- Hire and Maintain your Crew – A happy ship needs a happy crew, so look after your band of useful idiots. Nurture their skills to keep everything running smoothly, or if you don’t like them, show them the airlock and hire a new crew.
- Buy, Upgrade, and Repair Ships – Maybe you need a little more juice in the engine department or your guns are falling short. Upgrade your ship to take control of the sector and make a name for yourself. Or if you prefer something a little fancier, trade in your ship for a better model. Just don’t forget your maintenance routines!
- Protect You and Your Ship at all Costs – Try not to get yourself blown up, captured, or otherwise incapacitated. We’re counting on you to find the truth behind the bounty on your head and see if there’s a bigger destiny for you out there. Explore strange new worlds, meet weird new people, try dodgy food, and boldly fumble where no space captain has fumbled before, just don’t get your exhaust ports blown off!
The Galactic Junkers is coming to PC (Steam) and consoles in late 2022.
More articles about The Galactic Junkers