Nintendo published on March 22 a brand new update for the Switch family of consoles, the 14.0.0 version update, here are the official patch notes, and how you can now sort your games into folders.
Nintendo is slowly adding more features to the Switch’s home menu over the years, and this version 14.0.0 adds one big feature that fans have been waiting for since the console’s release. Players can now sort their games into folders. This is incredibly useful for those who tend to buy a lot of digital games. Especially since the Switch and its eShop have an amazing amount of cheap indie games, demos, or game collections for older consoles like the Neo Geo. We won’t have to scroll all the way to the right of the home menu to display all games, and then look for a certain game in our huge library anymore.
Nintendo Switch Version 14.0.0 official patch notes
Version 14.0.0 adds group (folder) features
- You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
- Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
- Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
- The button to proceed to the “All Software” screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
How to make folders and sort your games in 14.0.0
- Update to version 14.0.0.
- On the home menu, scroll all the way to the right and select “all software” to display all your games
- Press the L button.
- Select “Create New Group” (After the first group has been created, click the + Button to create another new group).
- Select all the games you want to add to the folder.
- Sort the games in the folder, then press Next.
- Decide a name for the folder then press OK.
Bluetooth audio changes
- You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
- The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
- The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
- The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.
That’s it for the official Version 14.0.0 patch notes. Both the folders and Bluetooth volume adjustment are great additions. What do you all think? Tell us in the comments below!