This tutorial is about the How To Hide/Unhide Applications On Android. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How To Hide/Unhide Applications On Android. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How To Hide/Unhide Applications On Android
Most Android users know that you can disable or uninstall apps from an Android phone if you never want to see them again. But what if you don’t want to delete the app data or still want to be able to access it easily at any time? Maybe you’re trying to hide work apps from little fingers or dating apps from prying family or friends. Regardless, you’ll be happy to know that while hiding apps prevents them from showing up in your usual scrolling, they still show up in your app drawer when you search for them.
However, it is important to note that hiding apps will not achieve complete privacy of your data as the apps are still searchable. Even if you want to stay private when you lend your device to a friend or family member, it’s good to know that it’s easy to hide apps on your Android phone. In this article, we show you a variety of ways to hide and hide apps to prevent others from accessing them.
How to Hide Android Apps on a Samsung Phone
Samsung’s method of hiding Android apps is quite limited. While you can hide apps from the home screen, there’s no way for you to access them again until you reverse the process.
- Enter the Settings section of the Settings app’s home screen. You can do this by pressing an empty spot on your home screen, then tapping the “Settings” cog in the bottom right corner.
- Alternatively, navigate to the main Settings app by pulling down the notification shade and tapping on the gear icon at the top right. Then look for “Home Screen Settings” within the options.
- Once you are in the home screen settings, scroll down to find the “Hidden Apps” option and tap on it.
- Now select the apps you want to hide from your home screen and app drawer. The apps you choose to hide will appear in a box at the top of the screen when you choose them.
- To show your apps, return to this menu and tap the apps in the top box to remove them from your hidden apps.
How to hide Android apps on a Xiaomi phone
These steps apply to any phone manufactured under the Xiaomi umbrella. That includes Xiaomi’s own “Mi” brand phones, budget brand Redmi and Poco, and the gaming-focused Black Shark. For some reason, you can’t choose any installed apps to hide, but hopefully, the ones you want to keep hidden will show up in the still-long list.
- Open the Security app. By default you will be on your first home screen.
- Scroll down and find the App Lock option. Tap it and then set a pattern lock as requested. Now you can turn on app lock and hidden apps.
- Once it’s complete, go back to the main security app using the back button at the top and open the App Lock option again.
- However, feel free to block apps too while you’re here. App lock will ask for your fingerprint or pattern lock password when you open it, but it won’t hide it from your home screen.
- You will now have two tabs to choose from. Choose the tab on the right labeled “Hidden Apps”.
- Select the apps you want to hide.
- To access your hidden apps, touch the screen with two fingers and then spread them apart, either vertically or horizontally. The phone will ask for your fingerprint or pattern lock password. It will then open the hidden folder containing your nominated apps.
How to hide Android apps on a OnePlus phone
OnePlus hidden apps are sneakily hidden inside the main app drawer. It doesn’t automatically require a password, though, so if you’re hiding apps for security reasons, you’ll need to enable one in the Hidden Space menu.
- From the home screen, swipe up to access the app drawer.
- Now swipe right. An eye icon will appear. Release your finger to go to the Hidden Space drawer.
- If you don’t have any apps in the drawer yet, tap the plus icon in the top right corner.
- Now you can select your apps from the list.
- To add a password for Hidden Space, tap on the three dots in the top right corner and then “Enable password”. You can now choose whether to use a typed password or your fingerprint to reveal your hidden apps.
Final words: How To Hide/Unhide Applications On Android
I hope you understand this article How To Hide/Unhide Applications On Android, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.