This tutorial is about the How to Edit App Icons On iPhone/iPad. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Edit App Icons On iPhone/iPad. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Edit App Icons On iPhone/iPad
If you use the same apps every day, their symbols are likely to burn into your memory. This is good for exercising muscle memory, but it’s not very interesting visually. Fortunately, the new versions of iOS and iPadOS offer a feature that allows you to change almost any app icon to any image. You can even rename apps, which is great if you have nicknames for your favorites. Apple’s iPhone is undoubtedly one of the best smartphones on the market, but it can be difficult to make your iPhone stand out from the crowd of nearly identical home screens.
However, thanks to iOS 15, Apple users can create custom app icons so they can finally give their iPhone their own name. The Shortcuts app allows you to find an image or take a photo that can replace the default icon image of any app. The ability to customize your iPhone or iPad home screen lets your creativity run wild.
Note, however, that this method essentially creates a duplicate app instead of changing the original. If you just need a decent app icon changer for your iOS device without spending a lot of money, Shortcuts app is more than capable of meeting your expectations.
How to Edit App Icons on iPhone/iPad
Change App Icons on iPhone/iPad Using App Shortcuts
- To get started, launch the Shortcuts app on your iPhone and then tap the “+” button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on the “+” button Add Action.
- Next, enter “Open App” in the search bar at the top and select it from the search results.
- Next, tap on “Application” and then select the app you want to create a custom icon for.
- Next, give the app a suitable name and then tap Done at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Set a glyph as a custom app icon on iPhone/iPad
The Shortcuts app has a growing library of objects and symbols that allows you to create a variety of custom app icons.
- Tap the icon located to the left of your app name and then choose the color for your app icon.
- Now, tap on Glyph and then choose from a bunch of options. Use the custom categories like Objects, Symbols, and People at the bottom to explore different glyphs.
- Once you have selected the desired icon, tap Done at the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap the Menu icon at the top right corner of the screen and select Add to home screen.
- Note that you can also display this custom app icon on your Apple Watch, pin it to the macOS menu bar, and even use it as a quick action on your Mac.
- Finally, tap on Add at the top right to finish. Your custom iPhone app icon will now appear on the home screen.
Use an image as an iPhone/iPad app icon
If you want to further customize the app icon, you can choose to use a custom image as your iPhone’s app icon.
- Touch the menu icon located at the top right corner of the screen and then choose Add to home screen.
- Now, tap on the default app icon and select Choose Photo.
- It’s important to note that if the image is in the Files app, tap Choose File and then select the image. And if you want to capture a picture, tap Take Photo.
- Next, select an image from the photo library. After that, adjust the image and tap on Choose at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Your image will now be set as your iPhone app icon. Finally, hit Add at the top right corner of the screen to finish.
Final words: How to Edit App Icons On iPhone/iPad
I hope you understand this article How to Edit App Icons On iPhone/iPad, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.