Unlike stories on Instagram, reels provide a better way to reach and share content with your followers. However, creating Instagram reels can prove to be very time-consuming if you don’t have the right tools for it. In this read, we have listed the top 5 free Android and iOS apps to edit videos for Instagram reels.
Also, Read | 3 Ways to Add Captions and Subtitles to your Instagram Reels, Stories, and IGTV
Best Free Android/iOS Apps to Edit Instagram Reels
Create Amazing Reels Using Inshot Video Editor
Inshot is a powerful video editing tool through which you can easily edit and create videos for your Instagram Reels. Using this app, you can add a variety of transition effects, music, and other professional features to your video within a few taps. This app is available for both Android and iOS platforms. Follow these steps to create your reel using this app.
- Open Google Play Store or Apple App store on your device and search for the Inshot Video Editor app to install it.
- Tap on the Agree button to accept the app’s terms and conditions.
- Next, tap on the Video button to browse and select your desired video for editing.
- On the next page, you will see a variety of options and tools to edit and beautify your selected video.
- You can also add custom filters, music, stickersand even control the speed of your selected video to create slow-motion effects by tapping on their respective buttons.
- Once you’ve completed editing your video, you can save it to your device by tapping on the Save button at the top-right corner of the app.
- To remove the Inshot watermark at the bottom right corner of the app, tap on the watermarked text and press the Free Remove option. You will now have to view an advertisement to remove the watermark for free.
- You also have the option to completely erase the watermark from your video editing projects by making an in-app purchase for removing the watermark permanently.
- Further, select your desired resolution and frame rate to save your edited video.
- Congrats. You’ve successfully created a stunning video for your Instagram reels using this app. You can also share it directly from this app by tapping on various social media icons.
Use Mojo Stories and Reels Maker App
Another free video editing app available for both Android and iOS platforms to create engaging Instagram reels goes by the name of Mojo Stories. Using this app, you can choose from unique and creative templates to produce stunning Instagram reels for your followers on Instagram.
- Open Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for the Mojo Stories app to install it.
- Open the app and tap on the Next button to navigate to the Template page.
- Browse and choose your desired template to start editing your videos.
- Next, tap on the + button to browse and add your preferred video and photo to the template.
- You can also tap the + button at the bottom to add custom text, graphics, or GIFs to your chosen template.
- Once you have completed editing, tap on the Save button at the top-right corner of the app to export it to your device.
- Additionally, you can tap on the Instagram icon to instantly share this created video as an Instagram reel.
Use Reel Video Maker App on Android
The Real Video Maker app is another popular Android app that you can use to create amazing and beautiful Instagram reels from your device. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device and search for the Reel Video Maker app to install it.
- Tap on the Agree button and provide the necessary file access permissions to the app.
- You can now view the list of all the trending filters with audio that you can browse to create your stunning Instagram reel.
- Tap on the Apply button on your preferred effect to start editing your video using your chosen filter.
- Next, tap on the Apply theme button and add your desired photos/videos to the chosen filter by tapping on the + button at the bottom.
- Once you’ve completed editing your video, tap on the Export button at the bottom to save the edited video to your device.
- On the next page, you can tap on the Instagram icon to post this video as an Instagram Reel.
Try Splice Video Editor and Maker App
Splice is another powerful video editor app to create fully customized and professional-looking videos for your Instagram reels using your Android or iOS device. Using this app, you can quickly tap to trim videos, add slow-motion effects and even overlay multiple clips to create beautiful videos for your reels. Follow these simple steps to edit your videos using this app.
- Open Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your device and search for the Splice Video Editor app to install it.
- Tap on the Let’s Go button to configure the app for video editing.
- On the app’s home page, tap on the New Project button and browse your desired video to start editing it for the Instagram reel.
- Under the Aspect Ratio, tap on the Instagram Reels option to choose the appropriate aspect ratio for editing your video and press the Create button.
- You can now edit your video using a variety of app tools such as effects, music, captions, overlaysand many more.
- Once you’ve finished editing, tap on the Export icon at the top-right corner of the app screen.
- Next, choose your desired resolution and tap on the Save button to export it to your device.
- You can also tap on the Instagram icon to share the edited video directly as an Instagram reel.
Bonus Tip: Use Xiaomi Phones to Edit Videos for Instagram Reel
If you own a Xiaomi, Redmi, or POCO phone, then you can use the device’s in-built apps to easily edit your videos for creating stunning Instagram reels. Follow this quick guide to edit, trim, merge and apply filters to your videos using these devices.
Also, read | 3 Ways to Check your Instagram Reels Watch History and Rewatch any Reel
Wrapping Up: Create Engaging Instagram Reels
So, that’s a wrap for the top 5 free Android and iOS apps to edit videos for creating Instagram reels. If this quick guide has assisted you in creating tempting and engaging reels for your followers, then hit the Like button and share this read among your creator friends to guide them as well. Stay tuned for more informative walkthroughs.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.